Steps for a Correct Embouchure
- Top teeth rest on top of mouthpiece.
- Top lip rests firmly against top of mouthpiece.
- Bottom lip goes over bottom teeth.
- Use lip line to determine how much lip goes in the mouth
- Bottom teeth are slightly in front of top teeth.
- Corners of mouth come in →← and a little forward
- How much mouthpiece do I place in the mouth?
- Where the reed and mouthpiece meet (Forms a V).
- Use jaw to apply the correct amount of pressure to the reed to produce tone.
Print It Out
If you would like a print out of this version, click here!